Numerical Audio has updated their VOLT Synth to v1.4 adding a number of new features, improvements and bug-fixes. Here's their press release with the full details...
Starting with v1.4 VOLT comes with two additional on-screen keyboard layouts designed for scales and chords complete with support for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE).
In addition, VOLT does now included a built-in manual where any control can display information about what it does and how one might use it.
MIDI CC mapping and remote control are now available in the standalone version as well as the AUv3 plugin and can be configured right from the main screen.
Last but not least, the 1.4 update adds an all new preset store with an initial offering of 3 preset packs including more than 100 fresh patches from Jakob Haq aka haQ attaQ, Stuart Kilbride aka Red Sky Lullaby and the Numerical Audio Team.
In celebration of VOLT's 1 year AppStore anniversary, it is available with a 50% discount selling for $9.99 troughout the month of april, the v1.4 update is available for free from the Apple App Store.
Full Release Notes:
- Presets: Added Preset Store with 3 initial preset packs including over 100 fresh patches from Jakob Haq, Stuart Kilbride and the Numerical Team
- Presets: Added support direct preset import from Files.app (Preset Browser -> Import)
- Keyboards: Added 2 New Keyboard Layouts: Scale & Chord
- UI: Added Info Mode with built-int descriptions for all controls
- UI: Added support for fullscreen mode when using the AUv3
- UI: Rate controls now update properly when switching between free running and tempo synced modes
- UI: Fixed an issue where scrolling would not work properly when using AUv3 in fullscreen mode
- UI: Fixed an issue where the main UI would not layout properly when running on an 11inch iPad
- UI: Fixed an issue where the keyboard settings would not layout properly in some cases
- MIDI: CC Mappings can now be set right from the main screen
- MIDI: CC Mapping and CC Remote Control is now also available in the AUv3 plugin
- MIDI: Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to MIDI map parameters with invalid default CC#
- MIDI: Fixed an issue where CC mappings could not be changed once set
- Automation: Fixed an issue where parameter automation and macros would not work properly in NanoStudio 2 (and possible other hosts as well)
- Audio: Fixed an issue where applying velocity cause audible artifacts in some cases
- Audio: Fixed an issue where modulating amp level would cause audible artifacts
- Audio: Fixed an issue where applying pan-spread could cause audible artifacts in some cases
- Audio: Fixed an issue where applying velocity cause audible artifacts in unison patches
- Audio: Fixed an issue where some patches could kill the audio engine when loaded from a specific state
- Performance improvements
- Minor visual tweaks
* iPad 4th generation or newer
* iPhone 5s or newer
Pricing and Availability:
VOLT is available now at a 50% discount selling for $9.99 until June 25th, the 1.4 update is available for free from the Apple App Store.
Preset Packs are available via In-App Purchase at a 50% discount as well with prices ranging from Free to $2.99 per pack.
More From: NUMERICAL AUDIO