Sinevibes has announced Bent – an oscillator plug-in for Korg’s multi engine. They tell us that it implements a novel synthesis method called 'bent-wave frequency modulation', that they have developed. Here's the story in their own words...
Bent combines a classic modulator-carrier pair of sine oscillators with a unique “bender” module which changes the modulator signal’s curvature, phase, and time symmetry. Despite the “FM” part, bent-wave FM produces sounds more akin to a mix of two synchronized and filtered analog oscillators – with smooth, elastic waveform morphing. Due to its specific density and rounded curvature, Bent also forms a perfect symbiosis with Korg’s resonant low-pass filter, creating sounds with incredible plasticity.
• Two sine oscillators with unique module that “bends” curvature, phase, and time symmetry before the frequency modulation stage.
• Five different output waveforms with variable shape and harmonic balance.
• Built-in lag filters for noise-free, ultra-smooth parameter adjustment and modulation.
• Built-in LFO with widely adjustable frequency (0.1 to 10 Hz).
• Built-in envelope generator with widely adjustable attack and decay times (1 ms to 10 s).
• Korg prologue 8
• Korg prologue 16
• Korg minilogue xd
Pricing and Availability:
Bent for Korg multi engine costs $29. It comes with an in-depth PDF user manual and 16 preset patches for both prologue and minilogue xd. Bent is also available as a bundle with the previously released Turbo variable waveshaping oscillator, they both can be purchased for $49 (15% discount).
A portable and low cost entry into the world of N.I. Komplete