Puremagnetik has released Splitch, which they describe as a hybrid distortion and pitch shifting plugin. They say, however, that Splitch is much more than a pitch shifter as it can cleanly shimmer and reflect, freeze and distort, delay and scatter.
A spokesperson told us, "Working in the spectral domain Splitch is a one octave up/down pitch shifter that grabs the incoming audio signal and routes it however you choose - through a waveshaper, a delay line, a spectral freeze and a random function. Some of Splitch's specialties include subtle, pitch-shifted delays; spectrally frozen distortion drones; octave layering, and chaotic randomized re-pitching. Splitch is perfect for adding embellishments on top of your existing audio and will easily get you to sonic places you never thought of!"
• Continuous spectral pitch shifting from -1 to +1 octave.
• Musical waveshaping distortion.
• Unique routing and modulation crossfading capabilities.
• Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host
• Includes a collection of factory presets
• OSX 10.8 or Windows 10 x64
• Audio Units or VST compatible audio host
Pricing and Availability: