Puremagnetik tells us that Washout is a multi-chained filter and phaser device designed to animate, modulate and mutate the audio you feed it. They say that, with up to 128 all-pass filter stages, and a complex modulation section, Washout can take your sounds out of this universe and back again with the turn of a few dials.
A spokesperson told us, "Washout grabs an incoming signal and washes it in a matrix of animated phase modulation. Each control has its own dedicated LFO giving you precise control over phase and filter shifting. From slow sweeping ambiences to rapidly phase shifting tremolos, Washout embellishes subtle nuances or huge, spacey effects to the audio it encounters."
• Up to 128 all-pass filters in series.
• Extensive modulation matrix
• Built in reverb/space effect
• Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host
• Includes a collection of factory presets
• OSX 10.8 or Windows 10 x64
• Audio Units or VST compatible audio host
Pricing and Availability:
Washout is currently offered as part of Puremagnetik's Spark subscription for $8 per month. After one month it will become back-cataloged for a la carte purchase at $20 USD.
We got a look at it in action
Full Hydrasynth engine, smaller package
And more - did you guess right?
Classic single VCO mono synth