Aly James Lab has posted a short preview of the upcoming SamPlight 2X+ VST which is said to accurately model the whole Fairlight CMI IIX. Aly said, "The playing itself involves 16 Times oversampling and zero interpolation + analog circuit emulation. All the quirks of the original are there, including some "JUSTIFY" glitches, loop points scanning artefacts etc..There were some refinement on the usability but do not expect a super fast modern workflow, I tried to kept it as close as can be for a reason!"
Here's details from the developer on how the work is progressing...
What is currently done:
- PAGE 2 - DISK CONTROL(done: load and save real original .VC files and attached .CO files, version 4.3 and 4.4 including MODE 1 params aka FFT, loading .IN aka Instruments files is in the works..)
- PAGE 3 KEYBOARD CONTROL(almost done)
- PAGE 4 HARMONIC ENVELOPES(done)
- PAGE 5 WAVEFORM GENERATION(done but needs some additional GUI work)
- PAGE 6 WAVEFORM DRAWING(done but needs some more work)
- PAGE 7 CONTROL PARAMETERS(done) PAGE 8 SOUND SAMPLING(done, include importing .WAV Files for resampling through the emulated circuitry)
- PAGE D WAVEFORM DISPLAY(done, include some other views like POLAR view in addition to the iconics Fairlight ISO an LINEAR views)
- PAGE F USER DEFINED FUNCTIONS(done but needs some GUI work)
Lot of things are added within the limitation of what the Fairlight could have done with some extra memory:
- FM Synthesis capabilities, including using waveform memory as a modulator.
- Spectrum Convolution (convolve between 2 spectrum)
- Spectrum Resynthesis manipulation(Harmonic Frequency bins offsets per Harmonic etc..)
- Two ways TimeStrech ( the CMI IIX allowed to increase the duration of the waveform memory only, now you can also reduce it)
Pricing and Availability: