Teenage Engineering and UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd have announced immediate availability of the new Teenage Engineering OP-Z. They tell us that the OP–Z is the first stand-alone 16-track sequencer that allows synchronised live composition of music, visuals and lights. A spokesperson said, "The OP-Z is one of a kind."
Here's their press release with more details...
Born to be portable at just 212.5 mm wide, 57.5 mm in height and 10 mm thick, it weighs in at just 850g. With the absence of a screen, Teenage Engineering introduces the concept of ’bring your own display’ - use your iPhone, iPad or computer - the OP-Z is built for people on the move that already carry a great display in their pocket.
Packed with multiple synthesiser engines, beats, samples, effects, visuals and preset patterns, the OP-Z also has the ability to control up to 16 lights through DMX, it has Unity 3d® integration to let you interact with your own 3D worlds, as well a built-in photomatic feature which allows you to instantly sequence images taken with your smartphone camera.
The OP-Z has an expansion slot for modules that will add a range of hardware upgrades, each with its own unique functionality. The first module will be launched later this year.
Complete the OP-Z universe with a range of Teenage Engineering accessories like the bespoke design leather case.
OP-Z is ready to be used anytime, anywhere, straight out of your pocket.
- 16-track multi-speed sequencer
- 16 individual and independent synthesis, sampler and control tracks
- 160 user programmable patterns
- Interchangeable modular effects
- 14 multi-program step components
- External screen with OP-Z ios app
- Dual domain synthesis
- 6-Axis motion sensor (G-force)
- Bluetooth 5.0 LE
- 1 year battery stand-by time
- USB Type-C jack
- USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable for charging and control included in package
- 3.5 mm 4-pole jack (stereo out/mic)
- Integrated MEMS microphone
- W 212.5 mm
- H 57.5 mm
- D 10 mm
- + 5 mm width for volume knob
Pricing and Availability:
The Teenage Engineering OP-Z is available now priced at £529 RRP inc VAT.
Teenage Engineering is distributed in the UK and ROI by Sound Technology Ltd.