Puremagnetik describes Foomph as a deep drum synthesizer designed for detailed bass drum sculpting. They say that it can be used as a standalone drum voice but is also perfect for low frequency support and drum replacement on existing recordings.
A spokesperson told us, "The synthesis section is divided into two sound engines allowing you to sculpt its tonal balance from purely electronic to acoustic bass drums. Additionally, you can create hybrid drums that classic drum machines lack. For instance, you can create an 808-style sustain portion with an acoustic-style beater attack. Foomph has been specifically tailored to deliver only musical results. With a dedicated set of macro controls, all parameter dependencies have been programmed under the hood. That means, no matter how you tweak the controls, you will always get a musical drum sound."
• Individual sound engines for attack and sustain waveforms
• Fine-tuning of the transient character
• Macro controls designed for drum sculpting - get only musical results
• Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host
• Includes a collection of factory presets
• OSX 10.8 or Windows 10 x64
• Audio Units or VST compatible audio host
Pricing and Availability:
Foomph is currently offered as part of Puremagnetik's Spark subscription for $8 per month. After one month it will become back-cataloged for a la carte purchase at $20 USD.
We hook up a bunch of synths - now where's my cape?