Ableton Release Free Probability Pack For 10 Suite Users
Melodies, rhythms and chords, with new sounds 09/10/18
Today is a good day for free stuff! Ableton have released their new Probability Pack, created by Sonic Faction, its a set of five step sequencers and idea generators
that can add controlled randomization to your session or performance.
Each sequencer has a unique way of introducing subtle or extreme randomization to patterns for unpredictable outcomes. They are great for generating new ideas, creating variations of existing patterns and setting up unpredictable, ever-evolving musical textures on stage or in the studio.
The sequencers were designed for hands-on use with Push, but hardware is
not necessary to use them. Probability Pack also comes with custom presets
designed by Sonic Faction to show off the expressiveness of each device.
Probability Pack includes:
• Melodic Probability – A monophonic step sequencer made for melodies.
Set the probability of the event, pitch and octave of each step.
• Rhythmic Probability – A polyphonic sequencer made for rhythms. Set the
probability of the velocity, length and event of each step.
• Probability Arp – An arpeggiator with a built-in chord generator. Set the
probability for rate, note direction (style), length and octave.
• Step Divider – A polyphonic sequencer where each step can be divided into
any number of smaller subdivisions for glitchy and chaotic results.
• Dr. Chaos – A neural network that strings together notes and generates
melodies in unpredictable ways.
• New Sounds – Over 60 Ableton synth presets, Instrument Racks and settings
specifically designed for the sequencers are also included in Probability Pack.
Probability Pack was created by Sonic Faction – a collective of musicians,
designers, programmers and tech-heads creating virtual instruments designed
for the creative mind.
Probability Pack is now included in Ableton Live 10 Suite. To buy Live 10
Suite, head to the Ableton Shop.