Klevgrand says that their GotoEQ answers the questions of "How do you improve on a classic program EQ?" and "How do you make a classic passive tube equalizer even better for the digital age?" by being dynamic. this is what they have to say about it
GotoEQ is a new evolution of a vintage passive tube-based program equalizer for VST/AU/AAX/iPad, expanding on that classic sound with dynamic EQ bands, bringing more versatility to your mixing with continuous frequency selection, and adding metering functionality.
GotoEQ performs the classic ‘low-end trick’ with dual Boost and Attenuate controls for its low shelf, but it also offers the ability to perform a 'high-end trick', with a similar formulation of high shelving. With continuous frequency selection, you can tune each band as you like. But most importantly of all, GotoEQ’s two mid bands offer dynamic attenuation...
Engage a band’s Dynamic Attenuation control to activate compression across its range. The complex compression algorithm at work behind the scenes has been tuned for musical results with a single control.
– VST, Audio Units, AAX, iPad compatible
– Detailed modelling of a classic passive EQ unit
– High-pass the signal at 20Hz, 40Hz or 80Hz
– Continuous frequency selection allows fine-tuning to your audio material
– Set Frequency, Boost and Attenuation for the Low and High shelving bands
– Frequency selection is tuned to describe the notch created when cutting and boosting
– Set Frequency, Gain, Q and Dynamic Attenuation for the two mid bands
– Finely-tuned compression algorithm makes mid bands react dynamically to the signal
– Input and Output Gain controls for the entire signal path (+/-24dB), and plugin bypass
– Metering switchable to input or output
– Simultaneously boost and cut the low shelf to create ‘that’ low-mid scoop on bass tracks
– De-ess vocals or de-harsh overheads by engaging dynamic attenuation and tuning the high-mid band
– Add air to signals with the high shelf filter, and ‘scoop’ the high-mids using a ‘high-end trick’
– Get control over the ‘nose’ of bass tracks with dynamic attenuation of the Low Mid and High Mid bands
– Subtly EQ a whole mix or bus using light settings and mild compression
Pricing and Availability:
GotoEQ is available now as a VST, Audio Units and AAX plugin at an introductory discount price of $29.99 (plugin) and $9.99 (iPad).