New Modal Electronics SKULPT Synth Details Announced
4 voice portable poly
Modal today announced the details of its new 4-voice poly SKULPT - its a portable 4-voice DSP synth based on the CRAFT Synth, but with more of everything and a great deal more synthesis features.
We had a visit from Modal, who came by with a pre-production prototype, we will have a video up next week.
Modal SKULPT will be available to order on Kickstarter, starting Friday 13th July 2018.
For more details:
Pricing to be confirmed shortly mexpected to be less than US$300.
Features are as follows
More From: MODAL ELECTRONICS
Even more news...
- Four virtual analogue discrete voices of polyphony with multiple keyboard modes
- Eight oscillators per voice for a total of 32 oscillators (4 x 8)
- Eight banks of sixteen patches (128 in total) patch storage and recall
- Smooth morphing waveforms for each oscillator
- FM (frequency modulation)
- Ring Modulator
- Eight (8) modulation slots with eight sources and thirty seven destinations
- Three (3) EG’s (envelopes) for Filter, Amp and Mod
- Two LFO’s -audio rate and MIDI syncable, one global, one per voice / polyphonic
- 2 pole resonant morphable modelled State Variable Filter (VCF) controllable from low pass, through band pass, to high pass
- Delay section fully MIDI syncable
- Waveshaping Distortion
- Sequencer with real time polyphonic note input, storing 128 notes and four rows of parameter automation, 64 sequences can be stored onboard
- Feature rich Arpeggiator with selectable division, direction, swing and octave range 16 key front keypad for note input and controls
- 13 front panel encoders with shift mode for further access to functions
- Front panel transmits MIDI CC’s enabling it to control external software andhardware
- MIDI IN and OUT with soft THRU on 5 pin din sockets as well as Class Compliant MIDI over USB
- Analogue SYNC IN and OUT on 3.5mm sockets
- Dedicated headphone port
- Master output on 3.5mm socket
- Powered either by USB or 6 x AA batteries for extended playing time