AudioKit tells us that their Synth One, the first completely free and open-source professional iOS Synthesizer app in history, is now on the app store.
A spokesperson told us, “Over the past two years, over 100 volunteers, including sound designers for M83, Tycho, and Rihanna have been donating their time to build the world's first completely free professional open-source iPad Synthesizer. No ads. No sponsors. All completely free & open-source!”
AudioKit tells us that over 14,000+ people have signed the mailing list to get it already. Making it perhaps the most anticipated music app of the year...
• Hybrid Analog/FM Poly Synthesizer
• Over 300+ Presets crafted by famous sound designers
• Audiobus 3 & Inter-app Audio (IAA)
• Five Oscillators (2 DCO, FM, Sub, Noise)
• 2 LFOs with over a dozen routing possibilities
• Vintage-Style 16-Step Sequencer
• Classic poly arpeggiator
• MIDI in (Control with a MIDI Keyboard or AudioBus/IAA)
• Touchable ADSR Envelopes for Amp & Filter
• FM Oscillator w/ Mod
• Mono glide and legato
• Dedicated Sine/Square -12/24 Sub Osc
• 4-Pole Vintage Low-Pass Filter
• High-Pass/Band Pass Filters
• Beautiful Costello Reverb
• Multi-tap (ping-pong) delay
• Preset & Bank Import/Export & More…
BONUS: Full Source code will be released soon...
On the roadmap:
• Ableton Link
• MPE Support (Play w/ a Roli Seaboard)
• AUv3 Plug-in support. Use AudioKit Synth One
Pricing and Availability:
Free at the app store.