Puremagnetik has released Re-Function, which they describe as a buffer modulation controller. It records incoming audio, stores it in a temporary buffer and allows you to manipulate the playback positioning with 4 dedicated LFOs.
A spkesperson told us, "Re-Function works excellently on rhythmic material and can create intricate, shimmering ambiances with pianos, mallets, and guitars. Re-Function also excels as a beat glitch tool as it automatically tempo syncs its modulations to your host environment as it warps, bends and mangles playback of the incoming signal."
• Multi-mode filter with low, high and band-pass filters
• Individual modulation control of each buffer parameter
• Visual waveform display
• Integrates into any VST / Audio Units compatible host
• Includes a collection of factory presets
• OSX 10.8 or Windows 10 x64
• Audio Units or VST compatible audio host
Pricing and Availability:
Re-Function is currently offered as part of Puremagnetik's Spark subscription for $8 per month. After one month it will become back-cataloged for a la carte purchase at $20 USD.
Up to 32 ins and 26 Outs with ADAT
AC-DR Drums, when partnerships go bad
Part 1 on cloned synths, will they surpass the originals?
80s inspired multi-fx pedal