Flux:: and their distributor, Plugivery, have announced the launch of Flux’s Channel Strip - Evo Channel. This is what they have to say about it…
Over the past two years, Gaël Martinet (Founder at Flux::) and longtime friend and colleague from the music industry, Yves Jaget, have been hard at work developing and designing a “modern” software Channel Strip, now called Evo Channel.
The Evo Channel is an adaptable module-based channel strip plug-in comprised of 5 highly innovative audio processing modules that include Drive, Phase, EQ, Compressor, and "Touch" an original polymorphic frequency dependent dynamic tool (DeEsser, Expander and a Transient / Sustain Designer).
Evo Channel also contains its own highly original elements such as free-form linear phase adjustment, an optimized compressor with 9 selective types (for instrument and bus groups), and a unique multi-tool module “Touch” to process transient material in a defined frequency range and lots more.
With complete multi-channel support for Dolby Atmos and Ambisonic systems for post-production, the Evo Channel is the go-to plug-in for any sound engineer that needs an ultra-precise great-sounding channel strip that’s fast and easy to tweak. Evo Channel is available in the AAX Native and Audiosuite, AU, VST, and Waves WPAPI formats making it available in all professional situations. Evo Channel also handles High-Resolution DXD Audio with sampling rates up to 384 kHz is supported.
The story of Evo Channel
The philosophy of an Analog Channel Strip (the essential element of an analog console) is about being fast and efficient. Great Channel strips should make anything sound great as soon as a signal passes through it and refinements are made.
EVO Channel is designed to be as efficient, fast and hands-on as possible. It adds all the advantages of creative digital innovation in terms of workflow and sound, providing everything you need to stay in complete control of your sound!
Sound engineer Yves Jaget says: “All the right tools are there to assist the creativity of a sound engineer, and the technology should not limit what he can do - It's still the human who need to be making the decisions!”
The Evo Channel can be considered as the ultimate channel strip plug-in for any mixing/mastering situations, with each module providing the sound shaping tools needed for a particular or required application.
• An adaptable module-based design that allows free movement of channel strip modules into any order.
• An optimized Spectrum Analyzer derived from Flux’s acclaimed “Pure Analyzer” software. It offers a truly accurate overview of the frequency range.
• “Drive”, a Soft Saturation module that simply adds analog warmth to your audio tracks.
• A Flux designed Linear Phase correction tool with zero latency.
• A proprietary "State-Space" technology Parametric EQ and filters that have been carefully tuned to preserve optimal signal to noise ratio independently from parameter settings.
• A "multi-mode" Compressor taken from the acclaimed Flux:: “Pure Compressor’s” engine. It offers 9 types of compressors in a single module (Start, Kick/Snare, Overhead, Drum Bus, Bass, Acoustic, Piano, Vocal, and Mix). It moreover offers a unique auto adaptable release control as well as parallel wet/dry features and other useful parameter adjustments.
• “Touch”, a multi-tool module defined by 7 specific modes such as: Transient Boost, Transient Kill, Sustain Boost, Sustain Kill, DeEsser 1, DeEsser 2, and Expander. Each of the 7 modes obviously act on a specific frequency range of the incoming audio signal.
• Dolby Atmos and Ambisonic support with up to third order 16 channel. High-Resolution DXD Audio with sampling rates up to 384 kHz is supported.
• Memory location store and recall for input and output gain controls and all parameter knobs for quick access level and value changes.
• 50 useful Factory presets included from Yves Jaget.
Pricing and Availability:
The Flux:: Evo Channel is available as of today at the affordable MAP price of ONLY $119 (List $149) from all reputable pro audio resellers and music stores listed at Plugivery.
A mix of features from both East and West
State of the art for super-wide workflow enhancement