Musik Messe is next week from Weds 11th April - yes we'll be there - be sure to check out our coverage and Live Blog. It will also be the place the the Valkyrie DSP synth will be on show for the first time.
UK based Exodus Digital are unveiling the new desktop poly, which is an all DSP Virtual Analog affair with 8 part multi-timbral and up to 10 oscillators per voice. Its closest relative appears to be the Access Virus range which was (and still is) considered to be a classic Virtual Analogue. With the resurgence of analogue, we've not seen something this highly specified for some time.
No pricing or availability details yet, but we'll be sure to head over and get the information for you at the show.
Exodus Digital have posted a selection of demos on Soundcloud, several created by Virus patch creator Luke Terry
- Processing: 32x oversampled 32-bit hardware sound generation. 96kHz floating point sound processing.
- Analogue outputs: 4 balanced stereo pairs using 32 bit DAC at 96kHz sample rate.
- USB audio: USB Audio Class 2.0 - 8 stereo 24-bit streams at 96kHz with 48kHz downsample mode available.
- USB 2.0 and legacy (5-pin DIN connector) MIDI
- Display: High resolution 256x64 pixel graphic OLED
- Polyphony: Guaranteed contention-free 128 voice channels. A Dual Mode or Dual Filter Patch uses two voice channels per note played. Up to 32 notes (single or dual) per multitimbral part.
- Multitimbrality: 8 independent Parts each with dedicated 9 module multi effects with dedicated audio stream via USB. Each Part can be mixed to one of the four analogue stereo line outputs.
- Full keyboard microtuning capability with MIDI Tuning Standard (MTS) support.
- Oscillators: Two primary virtually alias-free Oscillator Groups per voice each with sawtooth, pulse, wavetable and noise available simultaneously. Each oscillator group also has an independent detunable suboscillator with four selectable shapes and two selectable pitches. Real Hard Sync, Ring Modulation and FM (frequency modulation) is available between the oscillator groups.
- Hypersaw: 6 or 12 real oscillator hypersaw with adjustable geometric detuning and intensity algorithm.
- Wavetables: 4096 18-bit linear PCM single-cycle oversampled wavetables covering a huge range of synthetic and emulated sound sources. Two independent wavetables per voice.
- Filters: Accurate emulations of classic analogue ladder filters with low pass, band pass and high pass configurations. 2-pole (12dB/octave) and 4-pole (24dB/octave) responses are available for all three filter types. A Patch can be configured to have linked or independent parallel filters.
- Envelope Generators: Three fast-response ADSR envelope generators.
- LFOs: 3 LFOs with 64 wavetable shapes. Monophonic, polyphonic, random, antiphase and quadrature phase settings.
- Modulation Matrix: 6 channels with up to 3 destinations per channel.
- Effects: Nine module stereo effects unit per Part with a 3-band shelving EQ, a Formant Filter, 5-mode Distortion module, dual Limiters, stereo Delay module, 6-stage Phaser, Chorus/Flanger module and a Reverb module. All 72 effects modules can be used simultaneously without affecting polyphony.
- Arpeggiator with 128 preset patterns, chord mode, MIDI clock.
- Patch storage: 3,328 in total all of which are user programmable.