One of the bonus features of the Akai MPC X as well as the standalone workstation in common with the MPC LIVE is the fact that it has 8 assignable CV gate outputs which can be set to Gate/CV pairs for driving analog gear as voices, or general CV to control parameters.
In this video, they take a look at that in detail.
MPC X Features
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- 10.1" full-color multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- 16 Touch-capacitive Q-Link controls with OLED displays
- Turntable (RCA) inputs with ground peg
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive bay (SSD or HDD)
- 2 MIDI inputs, 4 MIDI Outputs
- 8 configurable CV/Gate outputs for the analog control of modular gear, such as classic synths
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link over WiFi | Bluetooth 4.0 Midi Support
Akai MPC X is available now priced at £1849