Flintpope tells us that Four is a warm analog-sounding synth that uses four different types of oscillator to create rich sounds from warm basses and pads to metallic leads and LOFI soundscapes… all via eighties style synth keyboards.
OSC 1 is in itself a 4-waveform oscillator that also includes a feedback loop distortion effect called “Wire” that simulates the crackling and erratic jumps in volume caused by a dodgy jack-plug in a guitar amp.
OSC 2 is a sine wave formant. This has its own simple LFO (tempo synced) that creates various warped vinyl simulations. It also features a “Mash” effect that creates various audio mess-ups between sample and hold simulation and distortion.
OSC 3 is a combo of one 8-step and two 4-step oscillators that create saw-wave/string sounds.
OSC 4 is a powerful bass (mainly) oscillator that morphs between a triangle and a sine wave.
GLOBAL FX & Controls
- An LFO with three different sync options and four waveforms, phase, quantise, rate and cut-off.
- VCF with cutoff (also routed via midi CC1 to your keyboard controller strip/wheel) etc…
- Envelope (inc. velocity sensitivity).
- Echo (delay) with various parameters inc.tempo sync button.
- Reverb and overall Master Output Level.
- MIDI CC 14-29 inclusive are routed to various useful controls.
- There are 40 presets in 4 banks accessible from the drop-down menu at the top of the instrument or by double-clicking “Embedded” in the presets side-pane.
- View A is a bright skin, view B is darker.
- Reaktor 6.2.1 (R54) required
Pricing and Availability:
Available for $1 until Friday 9 March 2018. Then $7 after.