Following on from their Mushroom Generator, Soundemote tells us that Radar Generator utilises Jerobeam Fenderson’s radar algorithm as seen in his oscilloscope music videos. They say that this algorithm represents his most polished and musical algorithm to date.
A spokesperson told us, "Radar Generator will sound like an overdriven subtractive synth without filters or an FM synth without the carrier-modulator paradigm."
- The density parameter is particularly musical as it tends to sound like a filter sweep.
- Built-in oscilloscope for immediate visual feedback of the many radar parameters.
- FX section with parametric EQ (any number of bands), limiter, and ping-pong delay. Unfortunately the EQ is not modulatable at this time, but will be in the future.
- Fully modular “wireless” design featuring "anything-to-anything" modulation including self modulation and feedback modulation.
- LFOs and ADSRs may simultaneously modulate themselves while modulating others while being used as an audio source.
- 150 factory presets including growling basses, expressive leads, chaotic sound fx, rhythms and arpeggios, and hard-hitting percussion.
- Analog-inspired design which means everything runs at audio rate. This allows ADSRs to be snappy enough for percussion.
- Master Rate control changes the speed of all LFOs and synth where the synth can be set to zero speed or reverse.
- Abuse the Rotation parameter with feedback modulation to create interesting and evolving stereophonic sound.
- 6 Analog-style loopable ADSRs that will become unstable as attack and decay times are set to near instant. Feature S-curve / Lin / Log / Exp shapes selectable for each envelope stage.
- 2 Breakpoint modulators, tempo-syncable, featuring many curve shapes.
- 8 LFOs, tempo-syncable, with dedicated ADSRs and HP/LP filters, with various "Random" modes.
- Fully assignable MIDI sources.
- Fully automatable with host automation.
- Selectable reset options on everything, so you can keep the attack consistent for plucks or smooth for legato playing.
- Selectable oversampling up to 8x.
- Selectable soft or hard clipping on the output.
- Selectable stereo/mono modes.
Pricing and Availability: