Modwheel describes Waveskimmer as a dynamic, performance ready Pulse Machine, featuring hundreds of sounds that let you easily create endless pulses, rhythms, riffs, melodic patterns, evolving pads & risers.
- An editable pulse/velocity grid that can go from 1 to 32 steps and from 64th notes to 1 bar duration.
- An editable pitch grid that covers a 2 octave range, which can also be set from 64th notes to one bar duration.
- The pulse and pitch grids can be set independently of each other (grab and drag via the mouse).
- The instrument can load 2 separate sounds, via an A and B group assignment. The B group can be lowered by an octave.
- The mod wheel is assigned to a sample start mod so that as a pattern is being played by the pulse/velocity grid the start point of the sample at each step will vary depending upon the position of the mod wheel. This allows the performer to scroll through the sample thus changing the intensity and tonal qualities of the sound in a most agreeable and dynamic way.
- An X-Y pad connected to a Transient Master allows easy reshaping of the samples.
- Delays are tempo locked and adjustable in 64th note divisions.
- Group A and B have different distortions assignable.
- The pitch pattern can be constrained to a large variety of scale modes.
- All sounds can be mixed and matched easily via the front panel pull down menu or the dedicated sound selector tab.
- The instrument also features tremolo and chorus.
- 24bit 48kHz Samples (168 samples)
- 245MB Core Library
Pricing and Availability:
Requires Full Version Kontakt 5.6.6 or higher (not compatible with free Kontakt player).
$49 (regular price: $69)