Akai today announced the availability of V2.0 of their MPC software which can be used with a variety of MPC hardware: MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Touch, MPC Studio Black, MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio, MPC Element and the MPK2 line of keyboard controllers.
It comes after an extended period of beta testing and is available as MC and PC formats in standalone and VST, AU and AAX plug-in formats.
New features include
- Audio track recording
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- Audio and MIDI drag-and-drop
- Redesigned user interface
- Ableton Link support
- 64-bit audio
- Bluetooth 4.0 MIDI support
- Advanced signal routing capability – submixes FX returns, multi-output support
- Reimagined mixer layout
- Enhanced Q-Link control
MPC 2.0 Upgrade Paths
- MPC X: FREE
- MPC Live: FREE
- MPC Touch: FREE
- MPC Studio Black: FREE if registered after January 1, 2017/ $99.99 if registered before MPC Renaissance: $99.99
- MPC Studio: $99.99
- MPC Element: $149.99
- MPK225, MPK249, MPK261: $149.99
For a list of new features:
Also available is The Vault 2.0
The Vault 2.0
The Vault 2.0 is a curated collection featuring over 10GB of hard-hitting, amazing sounding samples and instruments from some of the world's premier sample library companies including: CAPSUN ProAudio, Loopmasters, Toolroom, MVP Loops, as well as our own custom sounds.
When purchased as the MPC Plus bundle, MPC 2.0 and The Vault 2.0 are available at a discounted rate.
MPC Plus (MPC 2.0 and The Vault 2.0) Bundle Pricing
MPC Studio / MPC Studio Black: $169.99 MPC Renaissance $169.99
MPC Element: $199.99
MPK225, MPK249, MPK261: $199.99