ToonTrack just announced Superior Drummer 3.0, a ground up redesign of their highly acclaimed virtual Drum Production Studio. With extremely granular control of the sounds themselves, the mic placement, ambient mics and mixes and processing in plug-in form.
The new version ships on 12th September and features a lot of new content - 16 kits recorded by the legendary George Massenburg - his drum sounds are amazing, from beautiful close mic'd studio sound to more extreme ambient - he's the master. All sounds were recorded at Galaxy Studios in Belgium using a 5 mic surround system, but with added height channels to capture even more spacial information. This was used to record the 16 acoustic kits, but there are also plenty of additional electronic drum sources for layering up. Internal mixing adds 35 new low CPU footprint effects. They pitch Superior Drummer 3.0 as a place to Produce, Design, Mix, Sound Replace and Augment.
- In excess of 230 GB of raw, unprocessed sounds in 44.1 kHz/24 bit
- Recorded with an additional eleven separate room microphones set up in a surround configuration for a complete immersive experience
- Playback in stereo or up to 11 channel surround systems
- Engineered by George Massenburg
- Integrated offline audio to MIDI conversion
- Approx. 350 vintage and classic drum machine sounds
- 35 mixer effects
- New and improved scalable interface with detachable windows
- Edit Play Style, Tap2Find, Song Creator and Song Track features as well as improved workflow and search functionality
- Built-in MIDI grid editor
- DAW automation for built-in macro controls
- Drag & drop and import for individual and third party samples
- Support for keyboard shortcuts
Available September 12th price £287 with upgrades to v2.0 users priced at £147, EZ Drummer upgrade £217.