Soundcraft and UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd have announced immediate availability of the the new Soundcraft Ui24R, launched at NAMM, which they describe as a complete digital mixing and multitrack recording system that delivers flexible I/O, pristine sound quality, intuitive wireless control, and roadworthy reliability - all in a streamlined design.
Scott Wood, Solutions Manager, Mixing at HARMAN Professional Solutions, told us, "The Soundcraft Ui24R digital mixing and multitrack recording system delivers the power and capability of a large-format console in a compact and convenient solution. High-quality technology and components, including renowned signal processing from Lexicon, dbx and DigiTech, as well as Studer preamps, provides incredible results for rehearsing, performing, recording, overdubbing and more. From the stage to the studio, Ui24R is the ultimate system for artists, venue owners and engineers who need to save space and deliver superior sound."
Here's more details in Soundcraft's own words...
The Soundcraft Ui24R can be controlled by up to 10 devices via Ethernet or built-in dual-band Wi-Fi, making it possible to control mixing and multitrack recording wirelessly. Renowned Lexicon, dbx and DigiTech signal processing ensures pristine sound, while 20 Studer-designed microphone preamps deliver more professional inputs than any other mixer in its class. The compact, rack-mounted Ui24R is part of the new HARMAN Connected PA ecosystem and offers unprecedented control, versatility and power at an incredible value.
Ui24R provides 24 input channels, including 10 combo/XLR, 10 XLR, two line level, and two digital mix channels for a total of 24 simultaneous inputs. Renowned Studer preamps deliver rich sound for live performance and multitrack recording applications, while iconic Lexicon reverbs, choruses, delays, and dbx compression offer polished results for vocals, acoustic guitar and more. dbx AFS2 automatic feedback suppression is available on all monitor outputs, providing an excellent live experience. Plus, two channels of DigiTech guitar and amp modelling bring a host of effects to any performance or recording, particularly when low stage volume is desired.
Ui24R redefines the live mixing experience by giving engineers the freedom to control mixes from anywhere in the venue. Up to 10 devices can be connected simultaneously across reliable dual-band Wi-Fi, so musicians can adjust their inpidual mix on stage while the FOH engineer optimises the audience experience. Thanks to HTML5 compatibility, the system can be controlled from any modern browser--including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS and Linux devices--without installing any apps.
Ui24R allows engineers and musicians to redundantly record their stereo mix, plus all 22 multitrack inputs, directly to a USB storage drive and a connected computer. The Ui24R is equally at home as the centrepiece of a multi-track recording studio, with easy integration between its USB audio interface and the user's DAW of choice.
Soundcraft Ui24R is part of the HARMAN Connected PA family of products, and offers full compatibility with the new HARMAN Connected PA app for easy control, fast setup and better-quality results. Connected PA eliminates the need for multiple apps or graphic user interfaces (GUIs) and delivers seamless plug-and-play operation with a variety of HARMAN equipment so users can control their entire live sound system with one app. Products within the Connected PA ecosystem self-identify with the new app for effortless set up, and setup wizards help customers to quickly optimise volume, configuration settings and sound quality.
- Renowned Soundcraft quality and performance
- Built-in dual-band Wi-Fi eliminates the need for a router to provides a reliable connection to up to 10 mobile devices in mission critical situations
- Control Ui24R from iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS and Linux browsers without installing additional apps
- Record and mix with the warmth of 20 professional-quality Studer-designed preamps
- dbx compression and iconic Lexicon reverb and delay processing
- 2 channels of DigiTech guitar amp modeling
- Dual-path, redundant multi-track recording of all 24 inputs to USB drive and connected Mac/PC
- 24 simultaneous inputs (10 combo quarter-inch TRS/XLR, 10 XLR, 2 line level, 2 digital)
- 4-band parametric EQ, high-pass filter, compressor, de-esser, and noise gate on input channels
- 31-band graphic EQ, noise gate, compressor, and dbx AFS2 Automatic Feedback Suppression on all outputs
- Real-time frequency analyser (RTA) on inputs and outputs
- Compatible with Mac/PC DAWs and other music software
- Compatible with Harman Connected PA application and system for easier setup and control
- 4U rackmount design
Pricing and Availability:
The Soundcraft Ui24R is available now priced at £899 RRP inc VAT.
Soundcraft by HARMAN is distributed in the UK and ROI by Sound Technology Ltd.