EHX have previously done it with organ, electric piano and mellotron sounds but now they have introduced the polyphonic SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine which they say transforms guitar or bass with 9 presets that were precisely tuned to emulate the most sought after, vintage synthesizer sounds ever. They say that from searing lead synths to spacey synth pads and deep, funky, synth bass grooves, it's all accessible - the presets are named OBX, PROFIT V, VIBE SYNTH, MINI MOOD, EHX MINI, SOLO SYNTH, MOOD BASS, STRING SYNTH and POLY VI.
The SYNTH9 has DRY volume, SYNTH volume, CTRL1 and CTRL2 knobs that provide precise control over each preset's parameters.
A spokesperson told us, "If you dig the kind of classic synth sounds made famous on recordings by groups like ELP, EVH, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, P-Funk, Peter Gabriel and more, we think you'll love the SYNTH9."
- Transforms the tone of your guitar or bass into that of a vintage synthesizer
- 9 presets that were created to emulate many of the most popular synthesizer sounds ever
- Works on guitar or bass without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- The SYNTH9's usable tracking range extends up to about the 23rd fret on the high-E string of a standard guitar and down to the open A-string on a bass guitar
- Use the SYNTH9 with a B9 or C9 Organ Machine as well as the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine and MEL9 Tape Replay Machine to create your own mega-keyboard setup
- EHX 9.6DC-200 PSU included
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75 (w) x 4.5 (l) x 2.1 (h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70 (w) x 115 (l) x 54 (h)
Pricing and Availability:
See local retailer.