IRCAM have been pioneering in the field of audio and electronic music for many years. Based in Paris at the Centre Pompidou, they have the new Spat V3 - spatial processing system which allows you to process multiple point sources, and animate them in unlimited sets of speaker systems.
Many aspects of the audio field are available to tweak - we heard the demo in the room with a 10 point speaker system and it was pretty spectacular. We heard an orhcestral demo and it really sounded like being in the room with it. And then they started messing with the surround parameters - it was kind of mind blowing.
- Up to 16 channels Input and 8 channels Output.
- Up to 16 sources for positioning of the input signal in the virtual room.
- Up to 8 speakers for positioning of the output signal in the virtual room.
- Up to 3 different reverbs individually assignable to the sources.
- Stereo pairing of up to 8 pairs (from the 16 inputs) with individually adjustable Stereo Width setting.
- Output routing for surround management, Mono, Stereo and Multichannel Surround up to 7.1 / 8.0.
- Surround subwoofer management.