Affilliate Links help support the site
Akai have now left the cat out of the bag with the release of the MPC X - the flagship stand-alone MPC unit.
As well as being full stand alone, it runs the also new MPC V2.0 software natively.
In addition there are 8 CV gate outputs so you can run external synths as well as all the usual sample and audio and MIDI tracks.
We've had a look at the MPC Live and were impressed with the features and price point too. We'll be posting our own first look video shortly.
The MPC X will be available Q1 2017 at a UK retail price of £1449.99 and offers the following features:
More From: AKAI
Even more news...
- Standalone MPC – no computer required
- 10.1" high-resolution, adjustable, multi-touch display
- Also acts as a control surface for MPC 2.0 software
- Phono, instrument, mic and line inputs
- 8 Configurable CV/Gate outputs to integrate your modular setup
- 16 Q-Link knobs with graphical displays
- 2 MIDI Inputs and 4 MIDI Outputs
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included)
- 2GB of RAM
- Full-size SD card slot
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)
- 2 USB-A 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers