After lots of previous previews, Tone2 has been in touch to say that, finally, after several years of development, what they describe as their masterpiece is finished. Here's the story in their own words...
Icarus is a exceptionally powerful, new synth with '3D wavetable synthesis'. Many 'Icarus sounds' can not be created by other synthesizers. The innovative resynthesis can rebuild any sound with a mouse-click. An easy to use interface and a massive amount of inspiring factory sounds allow you to create fantastic tracks rapidly.
What is '3D wavetable synthesis'?
We extended the popular traditional wavetable synthesis, which is capable of cross-blending waveforms, with an additional dimension for morphing. Together with many other innovations, this is one of the secrets, why Icarus can create sounds with lots of dynamic expression and movement. Get instantly inspired by a massive amount of fresh sounds and create tracks with an unique character!
Is Icarus the most powerful synthesizer?
Icarus offers a huge sonic range and is extremely versatile, but still remains very easy to use. The exceptionally powerful audio engine is able to reproduce all important synthesizer sounds. As a result you can replace a very expensive collection of hard- and software with a single synthesizer. Furthermore you do not longer have to deal with a large number of different and complicated user interfaces.
This synthesizer can do: All classic synthesis methods, 3D wavetables, morphing, resynthesis of samples and speech, vocoder ... It has: 53 effects, 3x10 stereo oscillators with hypersaw, dual stereo filters with 62 filter types, a powerful wavetable editor...
Features & technical details
- 3D wavetable synthesizer: Wavetables can be morphed in several dimensions
- Powerful and flexible sound engine with true stereo architecture
- High-end sound quality with low CPU requirement
- Easy to use interface with direct visual feedback
- Huge sonic range
- Many exclusive sounds, which are not possible with other synthesizers
- Perfect for modern, as well as all other music styles
- Over 1000 sounds by professional designers
- Patch browser and flexible preset management
- New resynthesis method, which is easy to use and gives good results
- Modular effect section with 53 effects
- High quality vocoder with 1024 bands
- 3 oscillator blocks, each offering up to 10 stereo oscillators, which can play hypersaws, unison, stacks or chords
- 54 different morph modes (FM, PWM, formant, phase distort, sync, ...)
- All morph modes can be combined with any kind of wavetable or hypersaw
- Wavetable editor with many features
- A wavetable generator can create completely new wavetables
- Waveforms can be painted using the mouse
- Additive spectrum editor
- Import and export of wavetables/waveforms from other synthesizers
- Dual multi-mode filter section with 62 filter types and 8 distortion types
- Arpeggiator with advanced features like chords, glides, swing & shuffle
- Fast and punchy envelopes
- LFOs with audio-rate modulation speed and BPM sync
- Flexible mod matrix
- Midi learn support
- Dynamic microtuning to enhance chords
- Customizable user interface with 40 colors schemes
- Detailed manual in English and German
Pricing and Availability:
EUR 149.00 / USD $199.00