Steinberg has announced the immediate availability of the HALion 5.1 and Groove Agent 4.2 software updates. Here's their press release with the details:
HALion 5 is Steinberg's VST sampler and sound creation system, marrying sampling technology with the very latest in virtual synthesis. Its functional depth and flexibility allow sound designers the freedom to push their creative envelope.
The 5.1 update provides many workflow improvements and adds many tools and features to the HALion sampler, introducing eight new effects, new looping modes, sample editing tools and the vintage playback modes.
The Groove Agent 4 drum workstation comprises different drum modules each specialized in certain acoustic and electronic drum styles. With its additional capabilities to program patterns, mix drum tracks and add effects, Groove Agent is multi-role virtual drummer that leaves little room.
Groove Agent 4.2 now offers more integration with Follow Transport and direct MIDI routing to the plug-in host, advanced Note Repeat functionalities, individual control of the pattern pads in each Agent, a new alternate loop mode as well as providing several workflow improvements suggested by Groove Agent users.
"We've been listening closely to our customers and many of the new features are centered around their requests," said Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg. "It's safe to say that these point updates will find a wide acceptance among users."
Key features of HALion 5
• State-of-the-art sampler and sound creation system tailored to the demands of professionals
• Up to 192 kHz, 32 stereo outputs and 6-channel surround support
• Powerful multi-timbral audio engine with disk-streaming sample playback, tone-wheel organ
simulator and high-end virtual analog and granular synthesis
• Outstanding library including over 2,500 synthesized sounds and breathtakingly authentic acoustic instruments
• AudioWarp provides cutting-edge time-stretching and pitch-shifting functionality
• Full VST Expression 2 support for smart articulation editing in Cubase
• FlexPhraser module drives beats, arpeggios and complex tonal phrases
• MegaTrig for easy programming of playing styles and articulations
• Wide range of high-end audio effects, including REVerence convolution reverb, VST Amp simulation and many more
• Flexible user interface with multi-monitor support allows you to customize and save your own windows and screen sets
• Includes the full version of HALion Sonic 2
Key features of Groove Agent 4
• Complete virtual drum workstation including three specialist Agents for drums, beats and percussion -- combinable in four slots
• Huge library including over 22,000 samples and more than 3,800 grooves and patterns for any contemporary music style
• Acoustic Agent virtual drummer with stunningly detailed drum kits for unmatched realism
• Beat Agent drum sampler for electronic music production including advanced slice editing
and automatic drum hit recognition
• Percussion Agent with more than 20 instruments to complete your virtual rhythm section
• Full pattern editor for groove editing on the fly
• Style Player plays in the desired complexity and intensity, generates auto fills and much more
• Jam mode creates immediate backing tracks, including intro, fills and ending
• Integrated mixing board with high-end audio effects for flexible control over all aspects of
your drum sound
• Advanced Cubase integration with drag and drop, full automation and automatic drum map exchange
Pricing and Availability:
Both 5.1 and 4.2 updates for HALion 5 and Groove Agent 4, respectively, are freely available as downloads from the Steinberg website.
State of the art for super-wide workflow enhancement
With Ventris Dual Reverb, Arturia Keystep and Lab4Music Sipario