Steinberg has announced the release of their latest USB 2.0 audio interface. The UR12 features 192 kHz audio quality, class compliant support for the iPad alongside a microphone input with D-PRE preamplifier, one high-impedance line input plus line outputs. Here's the details directly from Steinberg:
The front side of the UR12 interface comprises one Neutrik XLR connector for microphones, and a high-impedance jack input, each with gain control and peak indicator. The panel also includes a headphones output, a master output volume control together with a direct monitor switch for zero-latency monitoring of the input signal. The rear panel features the analog RCA outputs, one USB 2.0 port and one mini USB port for connecting an optional USB power adapter plus a +48 V phantom power switch on channel 1 and power source selector for both USB ports.
The UR12 guarantees pristine sonic fidelity due to the studio-grade converters that feature a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz and 24-bit resolution alongside the built-in discrete Class-A analog D-PRE microphone preamplifier by Yamaha.
Freely available as download to all UR12 customers, Cubase AI provides a comprehensive set of tools for recording, mixing and editing audio. The UR12 is compatible with other major recording software applications, supports the iPad in class-compliant mode and includes drivers for Windows and OS X systems.
Product marketing manager for hardware, Stefan Schreiber, commented: "Together with Yamaha, we've come up with an extremely affordable interface that boasts an impressive feature set. If one adds its portable size, the all-metal casing and superb audio quality to the bill it's clear that the UR12 is the first choice for mobile setups and small-spaced recording studios."
Features at a glance
• 24-bit/192 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
• 1 Class-A D-PRE mic preamp supporting +48 V phantom power
• 1 mic input (XLR) and 1 Hi-Z instrument input (TS), 2 line outputs (RCA)
• 1 headphones output
• Latency-free hardware monitoring of input signal
• Cross-platform compatibility with Windows, OS X and iPad (with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit/Lightening to USB Camera Adapter)
• USB-powered for mobile recordings with Mac and PC, additional USB mini socket for power source connection when used with the iPad
• Loopback function for internet live broadcasting
• Rugged metal housing
• Includes Cubase AI DAW software download version
Pricing and Availability:
Shipping from January, the UR12 audio interface will globally be available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online within the next month. The suggested retail price for the UR12 is 119 euros, including German VAT.
With Ventris Dual Reverb, Arturia Keystep and Lab4Music Sipario