Twisted Electrons has released the AY3. It features two 8912 chips boasting 6 voice polyphony. You can apply sequences, arpeggiators, noise, envelopes and pitch modulation to each voice with a click of a button.
A spokesperson told us, "Time to take a break from HI-FI land and enjoy some good old 8-BIT nostalgia!"
- 64 preset memory (8 banks x 8 presets)
- 5 pots and 1 endless encoder with push button
- 40 blue leds
- 16 step sequencer to sequence notes on/off, pitch and noise on/off
- 4 Pitch modulation modes (aka lfo)
- 4 arpeggiator modes
- ultra fat 6 voice unison mode with detune knob
- 6 chords to split the voices
- 6 voice polyphonic mode
- Glide mode
- Stereo sound (3 voice per channel/chip)
- Intuitive 5×6 mode matrix to access and control:volume, pitch, noise volume, envelope assignments, arp modes, sequencer assignments etc
- Control of all knobs and other features via midi CC
- Backlit front panel
- MIDI in
- 2x Audio Out
- DC In
Pricing and Availability:
AY3 are built to order - the maximum expected lead time is 10 days.