Access has announced the Virus TI Snow Black Edition to celebrate their 15th anniversary and are only releasing 15 of them. Here's what they have to say...
The Virus TI series comes in different flavors. You're looking for something ultra compact and yet powerful? The sturdy Virus TI Snow features exactly the same sound engine like its bigger Virus TI brothers. It fits on an issues of Time magazine and has proven itself to be an ideal companion for musicians on the road or with limited desktop estate.
The Snow features 4 multimode parts and about 50% of the polyphony in comparison to the bigger models. Those result in everything in between 10 and 50 voices cranking out the same powerful signature sound like all other Virus TIs. Each and every voice can use up to four oscillators in parallel including Virtual Analogue, Wavetable, HyperSaw and Grain Oscillator models. The filter section comprises two independent multi-mode filters with optional Mini Moog emulation and self-resonance. An extensive array of parallel effects enable you to compose highly complex sounds in virtually no time.
In Multi mode, your patches sound 100% identical and include all of the effects. The 4 independent parts can be routed to 1 Stereo Analogue or 3 USB outputs streaming audio directly into your sequencer workstation. The software suite includes a VST, RTAS and AU compatible plug-in allowing for total recall, sample-accurate timing and modern automation features.
The audio inputs and outputs can be optionally used as a sound card in your sequencer. The hardware knobs can be used to either control the Virus' sound engine or compatible third party software plug-ins.
- Various oscillator models including Virtual Analog, Wavetable, HyperSaw, GrainTable types.
- A maximum of 192 parallel effects in total.
- Independent multi-mode filters, 32-step arpeggiator, extensive mod matrix and multiple LFOs.
- Depending on the complexity of a patch everything in between 10 and 50 voices can be achieved.
- 512 RAM patches and 512 ROM patches which can be exchanged by the user.
- 2 outputs with soft limiting algorithm, 2 line level inputs. Studio grade 192 khz D/A converters.
- Total Integration plug-in link for VST, AU and RTAS plug-ins used in compatible sequencers.
- Audio and MIDI inputs and outputs can be used by the sequencer application as sound card and MIDI interface.
- Sample accurate and delay compensated audio timing when using Total Integration.
Pricing and Availability: