Before you go.
Sonicstate have just launched a weekly newsletter, sign up for for the latest news, exclusive offers and more here..
We respect your privacy, Unsubscribe at any time.
Circuit Bent Casio SK-5 Sampled
Puremagnetik releases Skatik for Ableton Live, Kontakt and Logic 21/11/12
Affilliate Links help support the site
Skatik is a collection of instruments, sound effects, percussion kits and looped digital freak-outs sourced from a heavily circuit bent Casio SK-5.
Puremagnetik tells us that the most interesting on-board sounds have been multi-sampled and then recorded in circuit bent variations. They say that the system sampling engine was exploited for it's lo-fi specification (8bit/9khz) and then under-powered to create exceptionally textured sound effects and percussion kits. At one point during Puremagnetik's modifications they unlocked a mysterious tweak that caused the internal SK-5 sequences to re-arrange themselves randomly and to loop irregularly. They tell us that these bizarre tonal oddities have been meticulously looped and programmed into three large instruments for endless experimentation.
• A complete circuit bent Casio SK-5 synthesizer emulation
• Hundreds of high quality samples
• Ableton Live Racks with precise incremental controls
• Kontakt KSP easy edit GUI
• Logic EXS version includes Channel Strip Settings with Logic effects
• EXS Universal file format for easy importing into any audio host
• Requires Ableton Live 8.3, Kontakt 4, Logic 8 or EXS24 compatible host • 200 MB of physical RAM • 100 Megabytes (MB) of free hard disk space