Tascam tell us that their new DR-680
brings multi-channel portable recording within reach of any musician for polished live, location and surround recordings. Here's what they have to say about it...
Up to eight tracks can be recorded to solid-state SD card media at 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV quality. Six mic inputs provide phantom power and 60dB of gain for great-sounding recordings with condenser microphones. Record the six microphones along with a digital S/PDIF source for 8 track recording.
Inputs can be monitored using a built-in mixer with level and pan controls for each input. The stereo mixdown can even be recorded along with the six mics for quick stereo playback of the event. There's even a built-in speaker to check recordings without headphones.
In addition to WAV recording up to 96kHz, the DR-680 captures stereo audio at 192kHz/24-bit for audiophile-quality masters. The DR-680 records up to four channels of MP3 audio for web-ready recordings. Two of the recorders can be connected with a cascade cable for up to 16-track recording on battery power. Multi-channel portable recording has never been as simple or affordable as the DR-680 from TASCAM.
- 8-track portable recording
- Record eight individual inputs or six inputs plus a stereo mixdown
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit Broadcast WAV file resolution for 8 channels
- Stereo 192kHz/24-bit recording mode
- 4-channel MP3 recording
- Digital monitor mixing (level and pan) with recordable stereo mixdown
- Ideal for surround music and effects recording
- Cascade function for running two units together
- Pre-recording feature
- Auto-recording mode begins recording when the input reaches a certain level
- Mark function during recording/playback
- Edit functions such as divide and delete
- 128x64 backlit LCD display
- Powered through (8x) AA batteries or (included) PS-1225L adapter
- Records to SD/SDHC card media (not included)
Pricing and Availability:
- (6) mic pres with 60dB of gain and phantom power
- (4) XLR/1/4" (combi) mic/line inputs and (2) TRS 1/4" mic/line inputs
- Low cut filter and limiter on each input
- (6) RCA unbalanced line outputs
- S/PDIF digital in and out
- USB 2.0 (mini B) connection for computer
- Built-in speaker
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- Included accessories: PS-1225L power supply, shoulder strap
- Dimensions: 7.95" W x 2.12" H x 6.93" D (202mm x 54mm x 176mm)
- Weight 2.65 lbs (1.2kg) without batteries