Affilliate Links help support the site
Solid State Logic has announced the release of X-Patch
. Here's what they have to say about it...
X-Patch is designed to deliver the flexibility of plug-in style routing to boutique analogue processing. Developed from technology at the heart of SSL's acclaimed Matrix console, X-Patch provides a 16x16 SuperAnalogueâ„¢ routing matrix that can be Ethernet controlled remotely from a standard computer. SSL's Logictivityâ„¢ Remote Studio Browser application provides Set-up, Configuration and Preset Storage and makes the X-Patch the perfect tool to incorporate analogue processing into any production studio environment. X-Patch can function as a simple 'X-Y Router' or as a 'Matrix' to create complex processing chains. This allows for analogue processing to be built into favourite processing chains and then easily placed into signal paths, for example, favourite Mic Pre, EQ & Dynamics processors recalled as the perfect vocal chain at a single stroke. In a studio environment X-Patch speeds up workflow and aids creativity by reducing the constant physical re-patching required when using only a patch bay for routing. Up to six X-Patch units can be controlled in parallel from a single instance of the X-Patch Logictivity Browser software.
X-Patch is also a powerful stage or studio live performance tool for guitarists. Once configured, X-Patch can operate independently of the Studio Browser application and host computer and has MIDI connections. Connection of a standard MIDI Foot Controller to X-Patch creates a versatile stand alone analogue routing/switching system for on-stage boutique instrument processing, or amplifier selection at a fraction of the cost of comparable professional on stage effects selection systems.
Pricing and Availability:
- Inserts analogue processors into production workflow like plug-ins
- Suited to studio production and live performance applications
- Insert 'chains' can be created, saved and recalled
- Browser software controls routing and set up
- Ethernet connection to Mac or PC host computer
- 16 x 16 pure analogue routing matrix
- Rear panel audio connection via 4 x 25 way D-Sub's
- Front Panel XLR inputs and outputs for channels 1 & 2
- SSL SuperAnalogueâ„¢ transparent audio performance
- MIDI connectivity enables use of Programmable Foot controllers
- +4dB and -10dB operating levels facilitate use of guitar pedals etc
X-Patch will be available Spring 2010 priced $1,199 + Tax.