has been released. Here's all the details from its designers...
This is not the beginning, nor the end, but it marks the culmination of 10 years of feature packed and bug ridden development towards the goal of making a good platform for creating music on the Linux platform.
MusE is a MIDI/Audio sequencer with recording and editing capabilities written originally by Werner Schweer now developed and maintained by the MusE development team. MusE aims to be a complete multitrack virtual studio for Linux, it is published under the GNU General Public License. MusE has among other things support for:
- Midi sequencing
- Realtime Record/Playback
- Midi Import/Export
- Part export import
- Input filter
- Midi editing with Piano roll or Drum editor
- Internal synth plugins including soundfont capable synth
- Use external synths both hardware and software
- Audio sequencing
- Realtime Record/Playback several mono/stereo inputs/outputs.
- Several types of audio tracks
- Audio inputs
- Audio outputs
- Wave tracks
- Audio groups
- Aux outputs
- Perform audio effects like chorus/flanger in realtime!
- LASH - for session control with external LASH enabled applications
- Jack - jack-audio-connection-kit http://jackaudio.org
- ALSA-midi - for external midi support