Affilliate Links help support the site
Lexicon tell us that they have begun shipping the new PCM92
Stereo Reverb/Effects Processor. Here's what they have to say about it in the press release that they have sent us...
The PCM92 utilizes the latest DSP technology and the finest collection of classic Lexicon algorithms to offer the ultimate processor for live sound and the studio applications. Delivering 28 mono and stereo reverbs, delays, and modulation effects, flexible routing configurations, and a comprehensive library of over 1200 factory presets, the PCM92 represents the most advanced audio processor in its class.
"We are confident that our customers will be excited to find that the PCM92 follows in the tradition of the highly acclaimed PCM-Series processors. Whether it is at Front of House or in the recording suite, the PCM92 offers our legendary Lexicon reverbs along with a host of new capabilities that will enhance their ability to produce the most exciting and highest quality sound possible," stated Randy Garrett, Marketing Director for Lexicon.
The PCM92 features the highly acclaimed Hall, Concert Hall and Random Hall reverb algorithms that have regularly been used by live sound and recording engineers because of their exceptional ability to reproduce the musical ambience of large, wide, panoramically wonderful spaces.
Designed as a single rack space processor with two channels of balanced XLR or 1/4" analog I/O and two channels of XLR AES/EBU digital I/O, along with MIDI, Word Clock, and Ethernet, the PCM92 complements any mixing console or integrates easily with your DAW and features 24-bit A/D-D/A conversion and 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rates.
The easy to use front panel keeps the most important parameters within reach on the high-resolution display for easy editing. To supplement front panel navigation for live applications, the PCM92 can be configured and fully controlled remotely through Harman HiQnet System Architectâ„¢ and the foot switch and foot controller inputs offer additional flexibility for the live performer.
The Lexicon PCM92 Stereo Reverb/Effects feature set includes:
Pricing and Availability:
- LexiconÂ® studio-standard reverbs, delays, and modulation effects
- Comprehensive collection of over 1200 finely crafted factory presets, including recognizable classics from Lexicon's immense library of sounds
- Lexicon's flexible Room algorithm used to generate a vast array of room-related effects for music and post
- Multi-voice pitch shift to enhance vocals
- Mono and stereo versions of all algorithms
- Full system configuration and control with HiQnet System Architectâ„¢
- 44.1 to 96 kHz sample rate, 32-bit floating point processing
- Two channels balanced analog I/O (XLR and _")
- Two channels XLR digital AES/EBU I/O
- External BNC Word Clock
- MIDI in, out, and thru
- Ethernet connectivity
- Foot controller inputs make it easy to change presets and adjust parameters during live performances
- High-resolution OLED display is easy to read in all light conditions
The PCM92 has a suggested retail price of US $2,699.00 and is now available at authorized Lexicon dealers.