Affilliate Links help support the site
Universal Audio have released a powered plug-infor the UAD platform. They tell us that the Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ
recreates the legendary console EQ with unique band interactions and distinct cut-filter combinations. Here's what UA have to say...
The original Trident A-Range desk holds near-mythic status in the professional recording industry, and is arguably the best loved of the classic Trident console designs. Particularly noted for its fantastic preamps and the unique band interactions of its colorful EQ section, the Malcolm Toft / Trident-designed A-Range console has made an indelible impact on the sound of record making. During the "Golden Years" of rock, the A-Range was employed to record some truly great records -- David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust, Lou Reed's Transformer and Queen's Sheer Heart Attack, to name a few -- helping to solidify this console's reputation forever. And now, this sound comes to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform, courtesy of the Trident A-Range Classic Console EQ plug-in.
Working in partnership with Trident Audio Developments, UA scrupulously analyzed and faithfully reproduced the EQ section from the specific Trident A-Range console used to record classic albums by both The Police and Rush. One of only 13 A-Range consoles ever built, this desk was hand-picked by Elliott Smith for his private studio, and now resides at New Monkey Studio in Van Nuys, CA.
- 4-band active EQ modeled from one of only 13 original Trident A-Range desks
- Licensed and endorsed by Trident Audio Developments, created by Universal Audio
- Unique filter response curves modeled to exacting detail
- Inductor-based EQ design yields band interaction between bell and shelving filters
- Unique ability to combine cut filters for unusual filtering responses
- Cosmetics match the original module's "aubergine" (eggplant) finish
- Requires a UAD-1 or UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card available from authorized dealers worldwide.
Watch the vids at UA's TouTube channel
Pricing and Availability: