Affilliate Links help support the site
TASCAM has announced the US-2000
, a new 16-input audio interface condensed into only one rackspace. Here's what they have to say about it...
Eight studio-grade microphone preamps welcome condenser microphones, and two of the mic inputs are on the front panel for easy access. An additional six balanced 1/4" line inputs are provided, as well as four balanced line outs and stereo digital I/O. The front panel features a 100-LED meter bridge for setting input and output levels. The US-2000 connects to a computer through high-speed USB 2.0, and is priced about the same as less-capable 8-channel FireWire interfaces.
Included with the TASCAM US-2000 is Cubase LE4, a 48-track workstation for Mac or Windows computers. It includes flexible hardware controls for zero-latency monitoring during recording.
Pricing and Availability:
- 16-in / 4-out USB 2.0 audio interface
- 96kHz / 24-bit audio resolution
- (8) XLR microphone inputs with phantom power
- (6) 1/4" balanced line inputs
- (4) 1/4" balanced line outputs
- (2) 1/4" instrument inputs (chan. 7 & 8 on front panel "combi "jacks)
- Stereo S/PDIF digital in and out
- 100-LED meter bridge (5 segments for each input and output)
- Zero-latency direct monitoring with mono/stereo switch for each pair of inputs
- 1/4" balanced stereo monitor output with its own volume control
- 1/4" stereo high-powered headphone output
- Mac and Windows compatible
- Steinberg Cubase LE4 48-track recording software included
- High-tech, attractive aluminum case design
The US-2000 will be available from TASCAM retailers in October at a projected street price under $500