Affilliate Links help support the site
Avid have introduced the M-Audio SBX10
active subwoofer, designed to give monitoring systems solid, accurate lows for critical mixing. They tell us that, when paired with either the M-Audio Studiophile CX
or the best-selling Studiophile BX Deluxe
studio monitors, the SBX-10 becomes part of an integrated system that provides accurate monitoring for the entire 20Hz to 20kHz spectrum, providing customers exacting detail in the bass and sub-bass frequencies.
Here's all the details from the press release...
The SBX-10 delivers tight, undistorted bass response down to 20Hz--enabling customers to experience the extreme low frequencies that are so critical in today's .1 audio environments. The unit also includes a bypass footswitch that enables a user to easily judge the balance of their mixes with or without the subwoofer in the monitor chain without having to unplug any cables or crawl on the floor to turn off the unit. The SBX-10 subwoofer is comprised of a 10-inch fiberglass/paper composite driver, the strongest internal amplifier in its class at 240-all discrete watts, and a variable 50-200Hz crossover for accurate tuning in any listening environment.
Features of the new subwoofer include:
Pricing and Availability:
- The highest power rating in its class -240 watts
- Lowest frequency response in its class--20Hz
- A subwoofer bypass footswitch to listen to playback with or without the sub at the click of a switch
- Exceptional quality means years of consistent performance
- Spiked feet, which provide a distinctive look while preventing troublesome vibrations from interacting with the environment and the mix.
The SBX-10 subwoofer is Â£240 (inc vat) per unit in the UK.