Boss has announced the VE-20 Vocal Performer
twin-pedal stompbox which they say has been designed from the ground up for singers and features some of the finest vocal-effects technology on the market. They tell us that the VE-20 is ideal for all types of vocal expression, including traditional singing, narration, and beat-boxing.
Paul Youngblood, President of Boss told us, "More and more bands are incorporating vocal effects into their live and studio performances. We're pleased to bring high quality BOSS effects to vocal performers everywhere."
Here's more details directly from the Boss press release...
The VE-20 comes with all the effects you need to add unique flair to your vocal performance. With the click of a footswitch, lush vocal doubling and harmonies, real-time pitch correction, delay, reverb, limiting, and special effects -- such as Distortion, Robot, Chromatic, Radio, and Strobe -- can be added. Layers and loops can also be created in real time with the onboard Phrase Looper.
The tough BOSS construction of the VE-20, as well as its ability to run for hours on six AA batteries, makes the VE-20 the ultimate portable pedal for vocalists. With stereo XLR outputs, 1/4" and XLR inputs, and a simple user interface, the VE-20 is perfect for serious live-performance or recording.
Pricing and Availability:
- Specialized effects for vocalists, including Harmony, Double-Track, Dynamics, Reverb, Delay, and more
- Create the total of 3-part harmonies and layers
- Realtime pitch-correction tools
- Special FX, including Distortion, Radio and Strobe
- Phrase Looper with 38 seconds (mono) of recording time
- Phantom power for condenser microphones
- Runs on six AA-batteries or AC adaptor (PSA)
- Easy operation, road-tough BOSS construction
The VE-20 will be available in November 2009.