Affilliate Links help support the site
Werner Schönenberger, a long time WAVE user, has created an independent, but officially sanctioned, update to the Waldorf WAVE OS.
While the update was originally intended to patch bugs, new features were also added.
Highlights of WAVE OS 1.803:
- The Wave shows a splash screen at start up.
- LFO 1 & LFO 2 independently can be synched to MIDI in various options.
- The Wave now can analyze .WAV files, which makes it much simpler to analyze
- samples now.
- LFO 1 has a phase parameter
- The bug in receiving and sending SysEx files of other is fixed.
- Pedal 1&2 now can be changed in their polarity after boot phase.
- In the Waves Edit mode, in Harmonics Edit, there is a “silence” function, which
- sets all Harmonics to zero.
- The Wave now maps velocity tables to externals too. This feature is described in the manual but was not implemented.
- The velocity table mapping is fixed.
- In Group Edit now instruments and externals can be switched on again after switching them off.
- The sustain pedal only is sent to externals which are not muted.
- Pedal 1&2 also send only to externals when these are not muted.
- Sending and receiving of the pedals via MIDI now works.
- The Buttons work for external Instruments not only on MIDI channel 1.
- The voice allocation bug of OS 1.700 is fixed.
- MIDI Controller 64 – 117 assigned to the Faders now send values 00…127 (not only on/off)
- Aftertouch, Volume, Detune, Pan assigned to the Faders now are correctly displayed
- The MIDI controllers for free wheel up and free wheel down in performance definition now also control free wheel bidirectional parameters
Details are available at the Waldorf-wave.de site.
More From: WALDORF
Even more news...