Steinberg has announced the release of a 3.5 update to its HALion 3 virtual sampler VST instrument. The update adds native support for 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, as well as a new Factory Content sound bank consisting of 128 new electronic instruments and drum kits.
Adding compatibility to 64-bit Vista, HALion 3.5 can now address vast amounts of memory, allowing many more additional instruments to be loaded simultaneously.
HALion 3.5 is the latest Steinberg product to be made available in a 64-bit version, following the release of Cubase 5 and HALion Symphonic Orchestra 1.5 for 64-bit Vista.
Pricing and Availability:
- HALion 3.5 is available as a native 64-bit plug-in and should
work in any VST 2.4 compatible native 64-bit sequencer, like
Cubase 5 or Cubase Studio 5. The dramatically enhanced
memory address space gives new possibilities for really large
setups and very detailed sampled instruments.
- New HALion 3 Factory 5 Content bank with 128 brand new
- New entry available in the file menu: "Save as default Bank"
allowing to save the current bank as default bank.
- New "Choose External Audio Editor" option in the global context
menu to choose an external audio editor (like Wavelab or
- Improved resampling algorithm quality.
- Preload time settable as global default by clicking on the apply
button with Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (OS X) pressed
- Changes in the disk-streaming engine: under specific
circumstances HALion 3.5 features more reliable play back of
disk streamed voices.
The update is now available for download for all HALion 3 customers.