Affilliate Links help support the site
At the show, Arturia have announced two upgrades for their Origin
synth. Here's all the details that they have given us...
In order to give customers greater access to the workings of Origin, the new-generation
modular synthesizer, ARTURIA announces at Musikmesse two major updates to be
released this year. Both of these upgrades will be free.
Version 1.1, to be released in June 2009, includes:
Version 1.5, to be released in Q4 2009 is to be prÃ©cised but will include:
- New B3 ToneWheel Oscillator:
- Combined with the Leslie Effect, the ToneWheel allows the addition of famous
vintage organ sounds, opening Origin to this sonic universe.
- In conjunction with other Origin modules and effects, the B3 ToneWheel is a great
oscillator adding new sound design possibilities to explore.
- New Leslie Effect: The Leslie can be used on the ToneWheel to give the classic
Hammond organ sound, but it is also very interesting in other contexts, notably
when used on an audio input (such as a guitar).
- New CS-80 envelope: This envelope is modelled after the particular envelope set on
the filter of the CS-80.
- New Effects: Bit Crusher, Compressor, Equalizer, Ring Mod, Parametric EQ.
- New Midi possibilities:
- Origin to be used as a MIDI controller
- Origin to be automated via Sysex.
- Sequencer improvements
- Better GUI
- New performance mode.
- Keyboard Module improvements.
- GUI Improvements: Parameter values are now fully displayed.
Pricing and Availability:
- CS-80 Template
- Jupiter 8 Template
These upgrades will be free for all Origin customers