Affilliate Links help support the site
Universal Audio have announced the release of the UAD 4K Channel Strip
and UAD 4K Buss Compressor
plug-ins for the UAD platform.
Universal tell us that the UAD 4K Channel Strip is an exacting circuit emulation of the SSL 4000 G+, complete with the Type E "black knob" four-band EQ widely held to be the favorite in SSL's console lineage. The companion UAD 4K Buss Compressor, with its simple control set and transparent compression characteristics, faithfully models the 4000 G+ buss compressor.
UA Product Manager Will Shanks had this to say, "Universal Audio's UAD 4K plug-ins finally give fans of the SSL large format consoles DAW tools that truly capture the myriad of circuit and sonic details that made the 4000 such a fantastic desk to work on. We were happy to meet customer's requests for these amazing tools."
Pricing and Availability:
- The UAD 4K plug-ins emulate the hit-making sound of the SSL 4000
- UAD circuit emulation of the 4000 G+ with the beloved Type E "black knob" EQ
- Flexible channel compressor range from transparent to "in your face"
- Highly responsive channel Gate including "no-chatter" mode derived from later SSL designs
- Specially tailored buss compressor characteristics ideal for the full mix or subgroups
- Fixed Attack, Release and Ratio buss compressor settings
The UAD 4K Channel Strip sells for $249, while the UAD 4K Buss Compressor is available for $199. Each of the UAD 4K plug-ins includes a 14-day fully functional demo and is now available for purchase to UAD-1 and UAD-2 owners.