Affilliate Links help support the site
Auralex Acoustics is helping users give a boost to their home recording studios and multi-purpose rooms with its new Home Design (HD) Series acoustical products
. Auralex tell us that their HD Series functions as a highly decorative room dÃ©cor system that combines Auralex's unsurpassed acoustical qualities with a unique aesthetic approach. The complete line of Auralex's HD Series includes SonoSuede HD, SubDude HD, SpeakerDudes HD, SonoFlat HD Systems
and Acoustical Drop HD
, which will be on display at the Frankfurt Musikmesse 2009 (Booth D47A in Hall 5.1).
Dave Paxton, director of operations for Auralex Acoustics, told us, "As the industry moves more and more towards home recording environments, we continue to expand our product lines to reflect this trend. Our new HD Series is the perfect product for any home studio or any commercial studio that is looking for that homely feel, as these products function as a world-class acoustical treatment while offering exceptional design and dÃ©cor options."
Here's the details of the various products as described by Auralex...
About Auralex Acoustics, Inc.
- SonoSuede HD is a fabric-covered absorption panel designed to reduce slap and flutter echoes. Modeled after Auralex's SonoSuede HT and Pro Systems, SonoSuede HD offers two unique packages (1212 and 1218) giving users the ability to mix and match style, size and color. The system's unique mounting blocks provide superior acoustic and exceptional aesthetic benefits.
- SubDude HD is a highly effective device that floats a subwoofer or speaker to yield nearly total acoustic isolation by effectively reducing secondary resonances. Subwoofers create low frequencies that can be felt in the form of vibrations on both the floor and nearby objects, which is referred to as secondary resonance. By decoupling your subwoofer (separating the connection between the speaker and the floor), the result is a cleaner response in the low frequency range.
- SpeakerDude HD provides isolation for speakers by decoupling speakers from the surface in which they rest upon. This results in a more pure, accurate tone. The SpeakerDude HD wedge allows users to tilt the speaker to listening angles of 4Â° and -4Â°. SpeakerDude HD is not restricted to just speakers, but can isolate any delicate audio electronics such as CD burners, laptops and turntables.
- SonoFlat HD System is now available in 1'x1'x2' panels and in standard charcoal, purple and burgundy colors. The SonoFlat HD System can reduce reflections and reverberation, while offering a unique, sophisticated look for a cost-effective acoustical solution. SonoFlat HD Systems can be used as a stand-alone acoustical treatment or can be used to enhance other Auralex products.
- Acoustical Drop HD can easily be installed into new and existing drop and suspending ceiling grids, and is ideal for upgrading in-room sound quality by controlling ambient noise and reducing noise transmission. The fabric-faced acoustical panels, which are available in standard ceiling grid sizes (23.875" x 23.875"x 1" and 23.875"x 47.875"x 1"), can be customized in terms of size and thickness to meet any project's requirements.
Located in Indianapolis, Auralex Acoustics was founded in 1977 with a mission to provide top-performing acoustical treatment products at the best value. Since then, thousands of satisfied Auralex customers have experienced improved acoustics, expert advice and exceptional customer service. Auralex products enjoy widespread use among prominent artists, producers, engineers, corporations, celebrities and government agencies.