Affilliate Links help support the site
TC Electronic is offering three new collections of plug-ins which they say are all tailored to suit individual Pro Tools users' demands while also offering exceptional value for money. Here's the details that they have sent us on the three new bundles:
- 1. Mastering: With the Mastering bundle you can pick up all of the tools you need to bring professional quality mastering to your DAW in one convenient software pack. It includes the MD3 Stereo Mastering package for the ultimate in mastering, Brickwall Limiter, Unwrap for stereo to 5.1 upmixing and Master X3, the virtual incarnation of the industry standard TC Electronic Finalizer.
- 2. Production: The Production bundle has six incredible plug-ins to give your mixes a lift and a professional edge. These include NonLin2 for vocal, percussive and effected reverb; DVR2 for modulation and spectral effects; VSS3 for the ultimate in accurate spatial reverbs, MD3 for stereo mastering; Tube-Tech CL1B for legendary tube compressor/limiter emulation; and Harmony4 for natural, intelligent vocal harmonies.
- 3. Studio Complete: The Studio Complete bundle is the ultimate plug-in package as it contains all of the plug-ins found in the Mastering and Production bundles so contains MD3 Stereo Mastering, Brickwall Limiter, Unwrap, MasterX3, NonLin2, DVR2, VSS3, Tube-Tech CL1B, and Harmony4. The best news, however, is that the cost of the Studio Complete bundle offers a significant saving over buying the two bundles individually.
There is a cross-grade program for users of older, discontinued products. These are: Voice Tools, MegaReverb, TC Reverb, Master X5, TC Tools and TDM Works.
There is also an upgrade path for users who own the following products: Master X3, DVR2, NonLin2, Harmony4, Tube-Tech CL-1B, VSS3, MD3 and Unwrap.
Those plug-ins in more detail
Pricing and Availability:
- MD3 Stereo Mastering: The MD3 Stereo Mastering package brings processing only previously known from the System 6000 to Pro Tools. This package brings professional production and mastering possibilities to the realm of DAWs, and integrates smoothly with serious music and film editing applications.
- Brickwall Limiter: If you are concerned about audio quality for the end listener, or have a desire to conserve talent, the BrickWall Limiter is the solution. While it cannot prevent destruction of dynamic range from happening at earlier stages in the production process, it does get rid of the signals known to generate distortion in consumer CD players, radio processors and data reduction codecs.
- Unwrap: This full version mastering and film up-converter algorithm offers a high level of sophistication with unprecedented control and resolution. An abundance of parameters _facilitates the conversion of stereo and LtRt sources to 5.1 while remaining faithful to the original mix's width, timbre, spaciousness and other significant factors.
- MasterX3: Delivers the knock out punch for any mixes or masters â€“ period. Master X3 is the virtual incarnation of TC Electronic's legendary Finalizer (tm), the standard mastering processor in the pro audio field.
- NonLin2: NonLin2 is an effect reverb that differs from more traditional, natural sounding TC reverbs. NonLin2 is capable of generating compact vocal ambience, percussive and dramatic drum sounds, reverse reverbs and completely new 'twisted' effects. Featuring an amplitude envelope that is capable of rendering an untriggered gated reverb and a 'twist' parameter that can radically alter the sound, this plug-in delivers a serious advantage over other gated reverbs.
- DVR2: TC Electronic has put much effort into preserving the qualities of the original processor, including sweet modulation, spectral balance, spaciousness and saturation. But not only is DVR2 the most precise EMT250 emulation up to now, it also emulates its predecessor in the way parameters interact for different settings. DVR2 comes with customizable presets, focus fields for tweaking and navigation, and a built-in preset converter that allows for seamless import of DVR2 presets from System 6000.
- VSS3: The VSS3 Stereo Source Reverb is a genuine and original reverb directly ported from the System 6000. The VSS3 algorithm was researched and fine-tuned by TC engineers for over a year, resulting in an exceptionally precise tool. Similar to the chaotic response of a natural room, the VSS3 reacts differently to identical signals.
- Tube-Tech CL1B: Emulation is being redefined with the Tube-Tech CL 1B plug-in. Based upon highly advanced component emulation technology, this plug-in brings the legendary analog sound of the CL 1B compressor/limiter to the Pro Tools platform.
- Harmony4: Natural, intelligent vocal harmony for Pro Tools HD. If you've dreamed of producing a hit song, you've surely thought about great harmonies. Now think about arranging and stacking the perfect harmony parts long after the singer has done the main work and gone home.