Affilliate Links help support the site
MeldaProduction have releasedMautoEqualizer
which they describe as an advanced mastering equalizer & analyzer. Here's what they have to say about it...
Equalizer is without doubt the most important audio processing tool. Unfortunately it is one of the hardest to use too. Years of experiences are necessary to use it properly. Until now...
MAutoEqualizer is a revolutionary (not-only) mastering plugin, that combines a powerful equalizer (including state-of-the-art linear-phase version) and analyzer in a single window. And it is the first software featuring our MeldaProduction Filter Adaption (MFA) technology, which can actually perform the equalization for you based on analysis of your recording and another recording or any spectral content you can literally "draw" using our MeldaProduction Envelope System (MES).
Do not be mistaken, this has nothing to do with FFT. MAutoEqualizer is a parametric equalizer and filter adaption really configures only the bands. It does not suffer from distortions, transient smearing and other artefacts caused by simple FFT algorithms.
MAutoEqualizer provides an automatic equalization feature that lets you focus on what spectrum you want to get, not how to get it! With a standard equalizer you are listening to the spectrum and amplifying or attenuating frequencies. This is very difficult even if you are a very experienced user with advanced listening skills. With MAutoEqualizer you can make your recording sound like another song. You no longer need to be worried if your ears are objective.
You can make your recordings sound like some professional ones. Or you can ensure all of your recordings on your new CD sound similar. Or you can draw your desired frequency response. In any case MAutoEqualizer will find out how to do what you want and configure the parametric equalizer bands for you.
Pricing and Availability:
- State-of-the-art 10 band parametric equalizer and linear phase equalizer combined with a powerful spectrum analyzer in a single window. Finally you can see input and output spectrum along with the equalizer shape and controls. 7 filter types for each band - peak, low-shelf, high-shelf, low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, notch.
- Automatic equalization - long-term analysis of average recording spectral properties provides information necessary to use MeldaProduction Filter Adaption (MFA) technology, which can configure bands to approximate the requested resulting spectrum for you.
- Comes in 2 versions - zero-latency equalization and a linear phase equalizer implementing 3 equalization algorithms with (approximately) the same frequency response - true bidirectional filtering algorithm, FFT algorithm and standard non-linear phase equalization. Bidirectional filtering provides maximal accuracy and minimal noise ratio. As a supplement MAutoEqualizer implements a standard equalization and FFT algorithm adopted in most cheap linear phase equalizers. This way you check all of the methods and find the best one for each particular case.
- Adjustable dry/wet mix - what is impossible for common equalizers due to phase alteration is not impossible for MAutoEqualizer anymore!
- Includes comparisons to most (not-only) modern styles - when you need to master your recording, you typically get some professional recording to compare it to. We have analyzed more than 80 well-known songs for you. So if you don't know or do not want to bother searching for some particular tune, just select an analysis of a song and let your recording sound like it!
- Averaging, smoothing and magnitude normalization are pretty outstanding features that all help optical recognition and accuracy of automatic equalization.
- Extremely advanced and easy-to-use user interface - our products are always as ergonomic as possible. You can easily change all values and gain maximal accuracy using ctrl shortcuts and textual editing. Smooth visualisation of resulting frequency response with almost unlimited zooming. All parameters are adjustable from the graph with very advanced controls, integrated help using F1 or "?" buttons...
- Q in range 0.05 to 10 with protection against pops and crackles.
- Adjustable upsampling 1x-4x for an even more accurate response and ability to perform processing in 192kHz and higher sampling rates.
- 64-bit processing and unlimited sampling rate, recommended maximum is 384kHz.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Full automation - not recommended for the FFT mode.
Introductory price - 99 EUR