Affilliate Links help support the site
Cakewalk has announced availability of free updates for SONAR 8 Producer, SONAR 8 Studio
, and SONAR V-Studio 700
. The updates are now available as free downloads for registered SONAR 8 and SONAR V-Studio 700 customers.
Here's all the details directly from Cakewalk...
The SONAR 8.3 update adds classic RolandÂ® sample content for Dimension Pro and Dimension LE, drum kits for Session Drummer 2, along with new usability enhancements and engine optimizations. The SONAR 8.3 update also addresses performance issues reported by customers after the initial release of SONAR 8. Additionally, since the initial Winter NAMM update announcement, numerous enhancements are now included in a version 1.1 software update for SONAR V-Studio 700 and a firmware update for its onboard Fantom VS hardware synthesizer.
Classic Sounds Added in SONAR 8.3
New Features in SONAR 8.3
- Vintage Synth Sounds for Dimension Pro and Dimension LE: original samples of the legendary Roland SH-101, TB-303, and VP-330, along with classic sounds of the Arp Odyssey, Moog Minimoog and Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 optimized for use with SONAR's included Dimension synthesizer. Users can now tap into the authentic sound of these classic instruments right within SONAR, and also use them with Dimension's advanced synthesis capabilities as the springboard for new sonic creations. Includes over 40 new patches and nearly 100 MB of sample content.
- Classic Drum Kits for Session Drummer 2: genre-defining original samples of the classic Roland TR-707, TR-727, TR-808, and TR-909 drum synthesizers, along with kits from Sequential Circuits Drumtraks and Linn Electronics LinnDrum. Adds 16 new kits to Session Drummer 2.
Improved Performance in SONAR 8.3
- Snap Presets: SONAR has always provided flexibility in snap settings, allowing for audio and MIDI edits to specific musical or absolute times (to snap points, or by time intervals), clip events, transients, and markers. SONAR 8.3 introduces user-defined 'Snap Presets' that can instantly recall your most commonly used settings in one click, providing a fast, efficient way to switch between snap resolutions in your workflow.
- Live PDC Override: allows for the disabling of plug-in delay compensation on live tracks (an input-monitored track or synth track), thereby removing the latency on playback and recording caused by inserted plug-ins, useful when monitoring through SONAR or playing/recording virtual instruments.
- Global Effects Bypass: provides the ability to globally bypass all effects in a project (all effects bins or by category, i.e. tracks/buses/clips), useful for A/B-ing wet/dry tracks and mixes, or to quickly save CPU while tracking or playing soft synths.
- New Split / Clip Group Options: new options to create new groups after splitting a clip or group, and to choose what portions of clips remain selected after clips are split, providing maximum flexibility for any editing task.
- Aim Assist Enhancements: SONAR's visual guide for precision editing can now follow snap settings or automatically align to clip start and end points.
Guitar Rig 3 LE and TruePianos Amber Module updates
- Optimized Multiprocessor Load Balancing: more efficient handling of multithread processing for improved CPU utilization and better overall performance.
- External Inserts: allow you to insert outboard gear into your projects, while providing sample-accurate delay compensation. New optimizations for SONAR 8.3 include: improved sync when mixing external hardware with other plug-ins that require delay compensation; multiple external inserts can be used in the same project; improved stability on multiprocessing machines; and improved sync while looping. The "ping" test has also been improved to consistently return sample accurate offsets without any further adjustments.
updated version of these plug-ins found in SONAR 8 Producer now offer support for Windows Vista x64.
SONAR V-Studio 700 enhancements
Pricing and Availability:
- Channel Branch Mode: when using this innovative new mixing mode, Fader 1 will control the volume of a selected track while Faders 2-8 control the associated sends for that track. It's an effective big board mixing technique available at a push of a button.
- ARX Editor: provides a full featured and powerful editor for ARX expansion boards that emulates the graphic interface of the Fantom synthesizer
- New ACT Mappings: default ACT mappings for all synthesizer and processor plug-ins included in SONAR 8 for optimal control from the VS-700C Console
- Preset Access: customers can now navigate plug-in presets from the surface
- Improved Rotary Control: new finer resolution option for the rotary encoders
- New Joystick Functionality: the Joystick controller can now be used to move active windows within SONAR
- Enhanced VS-700R i/o control from the VS-700C surface
- Fantom VS Firmware Update: an additional download provides improved functionality for the VS-700R's integrated Fantom VS synthesizer
A comprehensive list of all feature enhancements and refinement of the user experience can be found at the SONAR 8.3 update download pages.
The free SONAR 8.3 and SONAR V-Studio 700 1.1 updates for Windows XP and native Vista (32-bit & 64-bit) are available as a free downloads to registered SONAR 8 and SONAR V-Studio 700 customers.