Affilliate Links help support the site
SM Pro Audio have released the new dual circuit MC03 MKII
vacuum tube studio condenser microphone which they tell us puts two classic sounding circuits in one vacuum tube studio microphone. Bill Barsby, product manager from SM Pro Audio, told us, "Due to its unique dual circuit design, MC03 MKII is an all round solution capable of providing outstanding results across a broad spectrum of applications".
Here's all the details directly from the company...
The MC03 MKII offers the same functionality, warmth and detail engineers have come to expect from the original MC03 microphone with the addition of a secondary switchable vintage style circuit. The new circuit offers a smoother more classic vintage style sound typical from days gone by.
The alternative microphone circuit is engaged when phantom power is delivered to the external power supply. Engineers can simply toggle phantom power on and off from the mixing console in order to compare characteristics of the two individual circuits.
Finding a microphone to suit the many unique characteristics of individual vocalists can be a challenging task. The MC03 MKII makes this task a whole lot easier by delivering a choice of two classic sounding circuits with the press of a button.
The MC03 MKII is powered by a dedicated AC power supply featuring a nine-position polar pattern selector. Omni-directional, cardioid, figure 8, and 6 intermediate stages are available.
- Powered by a dedicated AC power supply
- 48 Volt Â± 4 V Phantom powering
- Nine different selectable polar patterns
- Equivalent Noise Level: 18dB (A weighted)
- Polar Patterns: Omnidirectional, cardioid, figure 8
- Max SPL for 0.5% THD@1000Hz: 130dB
- Polar Patterns: 6 additional intermediate stages, all selectable
- Special multi-pin valve mic cable included
- Valve Model: 12AX7
- Size: F71mm_183mm
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Aluminium road case included
- Sensitivity: 12mV/Pa OR -38.5Â±2dB (0 dB=1V/Pa 1000Hz)
- Rugged Shock Mount included
- Impedance: = 200 ohms
Supplied in an aluminium flight case along with shock-mount and power supply, the MC03 MKII is a great addition to any studio.
Pricing and Availability: