Affilliate Links help support the site
Genelec have been exhibiting the SE (Small Environment) DSP Monitoring System
, designed to solve many of the acoustic problems associated with small recording and mixing environments. Genelec tell us that the SE DSP Monitoring System offers the companyâ€™s outstanding performance in a high-quality, affordable and easy-to-use package that is ideal for near field monitoring, mobile/location recording, digital audio workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms, surround sound systems, home studios and multimedia applications. Hereâ€™s all the details directly from their press releaseâ€¦
The SE DSP Monitoring System combines the new SE7261A 10-inch DSP subwoofer with 8130A digital input active monitors (5-inch bass drivers and 3/4-inch tweeters), for easy configuration as a sub-assisted stereo or multi-channel reference system. Software control is reassuringly simple with the SE7261A DSP subwoofer providing all necessary network connections to the host computer and supplying extensive DSP resources through its high-pass AES digital outputs to the 8130Aâ€™s.
The system also features new AutoCalâ„¢ GLM (Genelec Loudspeaker Manager) SE software, which provides the familiar graphic interface to help speed users through system setup and complete acoustic calibration.
The new SE7261A active DSP subwoofer includes:
The 8 channel high-pass outputs to 8130A each have:
- Eight channel AES/EBU bass management
- Four notch filters + Bass Roll-off applied to sub channels
- AutoPhase sub integration
The complementary 8130A active monitoring system features:
- Two notch filters
- Time of flight compensation
- Level alignment
- Video display delay compensation
- The subwooferâ€™s frequency response is 19 Hz to 120 Hz.
The GLM.SE Software package includes
- 192 kHz/24 bit digital audio interface.
- Directivity Control Waveguideâ„¢ (DCWâ„¢) technology for excellent frequency balance, even in difficult acoustic environments.
- Integrated design so that the amplifiers and the drivers can be calibrated as a single unit, thereby eliminating the effects of component tolerances and ensuring consistent quality.
- Very low distortion due to a uniquely new rear reflex port design.
- The systemâ€™s frequency response extends down to 55 Hz (-3 dB).
Pricing and Availability:
- Rapid cabling wizard for easy setup.
- Calibration wizard for AutoCalâ„¢ automatic calibration.
- Genelec calibration microphone.
- Network Interface.