Affilliate Links help support the site
Spectrasonics haveannounced the eleven winners of their Omnisphere Remix Contest
where registered virtual instrument users created music using special loops that Spectrasonics crafted from the highly anticipated Omnisphere Power Synth
. All eleven contest winners will receive a free copy of Omnisphere when it is released on September 15, 2008. Episode 7
of the Omnisphere video series celebrates the winners.
Eric Persing, Spectrasonics Founder and Creative Director, told us, "We had no idea that we were going to receive hundreds of entries from all over the world. We were blown away by the quality of the music, the creativity, and all the different styles of music the people used the contest loops in. Thanks to all the contestants and congratulations to the winners!"
The contest soundset of 45 new loops were created using only Omnisphere and demonstrate a little 'taste' of some of the unique sounds and rhythmic capabilities of the new virtual instrument. All Spectrasonics registered users were able download the soundset, enter the contest and submit their tracks. The Eleven winners' tracks can now be heard at the contest web page: contest.spectrasonics.net
Although initially only three winners were going to be chosen, Spectrasonics felt that the music entries were so outstanding they decided to expand to eleven distinct awards. Short descriptions about each piece are also written up at the contest webpage.
Omnisphere Preview Remix Contest" winners and categories:
- Best Urban Remix: Ben Morris "Interference"
- Best Original Remix: Rikard BorgÃ¥rd "Going Gone"
- Best Club Remix: Julian Martinez "Inside a Dream"
- Best Lounge Remix: Marcus Scheltinga "Let It Flow"
- Best Video Game Score: Henryk Iwan "No Place to Hide"
- Best Vocal Production: David Soltany "Give Me Your Soul"
- Best Electronic Rock production: Todd MacKenzie "Omni Crush"
- Best Ambient Jazz production: Michael Hennig "Dreamland Express"
- Most Eclectic Production: FizzÃ¨ "Beacon of Hope"
- Special Music Video Award: Josef Christl "Evolution"
- Outstanding Achievement: Larry Ortega "Omni Art" and "The Omni Drumline"
Spectrasonics previewed their brand-new flagship virtual instrument Omnisphere(r) at the January 2008 NAMM show. The revolutionary 'Power Synth' breaks completely new sonic ground by combining a wide variety of hybrid realtime synthesis techniques, an epic library of remarkable 'Psychoacoustic' sounds, and many innovative features that have never been seen before in any hardware or software synthesizer. The new instrument is the first to be based on Spectrasonics' STEAM Engine, the company's newly developed core technology.
Spectrasonics has an on-going preview of the software through unique video episodes at the Omnisphere preview website: http://www.spectrasonics.net/omnisphere_teaser/
Pricing and Availability:
Omnisphere is scheduled to be released September 15, 2008 and the MSRP is $499 US.