Affilliate Links help support the site
The Moog Guitar
has now made its full debut on the companyâ€™s website in the form of the Paul Vo Collector Edition
, available in various colours. The website also has a new video with the likes of Lou Reed
and Vernon Reid
trying out the guitar.
Hereâ€™s all the details directly from the websiteâ€¦
The Moog Guitar puts revolutionary new technology in the hands of the guitarist. Moog Music is known for building the finest instruments and the Moog Guitar is first and foremost a very fine guitar; designed to be played by the best musicians as their primary axe. Its AAAAA maple top, mahogany body and ebony finger board bespeak the quality that musicians have come to expect from a Moog instrument.
The addition of Moog Guitar Electronics opens guitarists to a whole new musical vocabulary: Not a guitar synthesizer, not a MIDI guitar or an effects processor; players are intimately connected to The Moog Guitar because it works its magic on the strings themselves.
The Moog Guitar Electronics add an unparalleled range of expression to the Moog Guitar:
Moog Guitar Controls
- FULL SUSTAIN MODE - like no other sustainer; infinite sustain on every string, at every fret position and at any volume. You may have heard sustain before but not with this power (we call it â€œVo Powerâ€�) and clarity.
- CONTROLLED SUSTAIN MODE - allows you to play sustained single or polyphonic lines without muting technique. The Moog Guitar sustains the notes you are playing while actively muting the strings you are not playing.
- MUTE MODE - removes energy from the strings, resulting in a variety of staccato articulations. The mute mode has never been heard on any other guitar; the Vo Power stops the strings with the same intensity that it sustains them. You feel the instrument transform in your hands.
- HARMONIC BLENDS â€“ use the included foot pedal to shift the positive energy of Vo Power in Sustain mode and the subtractive force of Vo Power in Mute mode between the bridge and neck pick-ups to pull both subtle and dramatic harmonics from the strings.
- MOOG FILTER - control the frequency of the built-in, resonant Moog ladder filter using the foot pedal or a CV Input.
There are five knobs:
Pricing and Availability:
There are three switches:
- Vo Power this is the amount of coherent power that is applied to the strings to either sustain or mute them.
- Piezo Blend blends the piezo output with the Moog pick-ups.
- Harmonic Balance shifts the Vo Power (sustain/mute) power between the neck and bridge pick-up. In the center position the power is balanced between the neck and bridge.
- Master Volume controls overall volume including both the Moog Pick-up output as well as the piezos.
- Tone/Filter controls both tone and the resonance of the Moog ladder filter dependent upon the position of the Filter Mode Toggle switch.
- Moog Guitar Mode determines the application of the Vo Power. There are three positions: Sustain, Controlled Sustain, and Mute
- Filter Mode Toggle with three positions: Standard Guitar Tone, an articulated Moog filter (e.g similar to an auto-wah), and classic Moog Ladder filter
- Five Position Pick-up Selector Switch: Piezo, Bridge only, Out of Phase, In Phase, Neck only.